With this project, Koen De Brabander hopes to bring you into his world of growing up with THE Commodore 64. The book will take you back in time and hopefully give you the feel of how an 80s youngster’s life revolved around this machine. Just imagine your teenage bedroom full of friends and this shiny Commodore.
This home computer was an as important part of his life as well as his family and friends. When he first saw one, he knew this was it! Not knowing then though that the world of swapping discs and games was going to become such big business in my environment. Your status was measured by how many discs and the amount of popular games you possessed. The kid with the new and highly desired games was ruler of our world.
Many bubble-gum, A-team gaming cards and even BMX bikes traded hands for these new, not so new and even cracked games. Nothing mattered more than being Knight Rider, the A-team and even ET for a moment.
Holidays were all about gaming, endless hours of battling it out around the Commodore 64.
8-BIT KIDS - Growing Up With The Commodore 64 is the first of hopefully many books by publisher Amicom Books. The main focus of Amicom is top level books all about the 1980’s
To read more about this book visit HERE
- The unofficial SNES/Super Famicom: a visual compendium.
- PlayStation Anthology.
- SID Waves - A Vinyl Tribute to the Commodore 64 SID Chip.
- Reformation 2 C64 Soundtrack Remakes.
- Classic Game Covers by Mike Winterbauer.
- Commodore: The Inside Story.
- Commodore 64: For the Love of a Machine.
- The Commodore Story.
- New version of WinUAE out
- New Sega MegaDrive/Genesis Homebrew - Miniplanets
- ENEMY 2 Collectors Edition out now!
- Amiga Story | Nostalgia Nerd.
- DOWNRIGHT BIZARRE GAMES.
- Keeping the Ball Alive: 30 Years of Stern Pinball.
- Coffee Crisis.Sega Megadrive/Genesis.
- TANGLEWOOD: An original game for the SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive.
- Rayman By Rémi - The Collector Soundtrack Album.
- The Amiga Years Special Edition now available
- AmiGameJam 2016 Starts.
- Big Blue releases on Vectrex.
- New Kickstarter: The Masters of Pixel Art - VOLUME 2
- N64 Anthology Book. (Pre Order)
- 8-Bit Book. (Coming Soon)
- Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe print by Dan Malone.
- AM2R - Return of Samus (Metroid 2 remake)
- Mystery Of Woolley Mountain - A New Point & Click Adventure
- The mini NES from Nintendo.
- Agony remake – free playable demo on Game Jolt.
- Mega Visions – Welcome to a new kind of SEGA magazine.
- Sega Saturn unravelled after 20 Years.
- New Kickstarter: Hyper Sentinel
- FROM BEDROOMS TO BILLIONS: THE PLAYSTATION REVOLUTION
- Unofficial CD32 Release - Star Wars Trilogy CD32
- GAMEBOB HANDHELD 8-BIT ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM.
- New Kickstarter: The Atari ST and the Creative People.
- ANARCHO Ride Comp in association with RVG.
- Commodore VIC 20: A Visual History.
- The story of the Commodore Amiga in pixels.
- Nintendo Entertainment System/Famicom: a visual compendium
- New Kickstarter: Turrican II Live Orchestra Album.
- New Kickstarter: The Mastertronic Archives.
- New Kickstarter: Xenocider on the Dreamcast.
- Kickstarter: Atari ST - RISE OF THE DEMOSCENE
- Allister Brimble : A Retrospective by Paul Bridger.
- Kickstarter: Nintendo 64 Anthology - The Ultimate Book
- A New Speccy Is Coming
- Kickstarter: The Fantasy Art of Oliver Frey
- 8-BIT KIDS - Growing up with the C64 Book.
- Unofficial CD32 Release - Team 17 : The Complete Amiga Works
- The 64 - A new way to play C64.
- The SEGA Mega Drive Classics Hub
- The STARFORCE NEO System
- The Sinclair ZX Spectrum Vega Plus Console
- Amigaville Magazine Issue 4