Simply revolutionary! With over 100 million consoles sold worldwide, the PlayStation truly changed the face of the gaming industry. The power of its technology, the design of its shell, the greatness of its library and marketing campaigns, all laying the groundwork for what has become one of the industry's most important driving forces. It was a culture-defining console, the combination of Ken Kutaragi's genius and the power of one the entertainment industry's most influential brands, as well as the boundless passion of so many other contributors over the years.
To celebrate a console that brought wonder into the lives of so many, and a brand that reshaped the whole entertainment industry, the authors retrace Sony's incredible journey, from the company's creation following World War II, to the machine's retirement in the early 2000's. Throughout the 26 interviews, important figures of the period recount their experiences with unabashed honesty, painting a detailed picture of the great venture led by Ken Kutaragi. Much like the Nintendo 64 Anthology, the PlayStation Anthology is unique in both form and content.
To fully appreciate the scale of the PlayStation phenomenon, you first have to learn of its genesis and the context in which it was developed, and understand the commercial and marketing power of Sony itself. The PlayStation Anthology sheds light on the birth of the PlayStation and Sony, the company's triumphs as well as its shortcomings, its strategies, technological advancements and, of course, its fantastical games library.
To read more and pledge please visit HERE.
- The unofficial SNES/Super Famicom: a visual compendium.
- PlayStation Anthology.
- SID Waves - A Vinyl Tribute to the Commodore 64 SID Chip.
- Reformation 2 C64 Soundtrack Remakes.
- Classic Game Covers by Mike Winterbauer.
- Commodore: The Inside Story.
- Commodore 64: For the Love of a Machine.
- The Commodore Story.
- New version of WinUAE out
- New Sega MegaDrive/Genesis Homebrew - Miniplanets
- ENEMY 2 Collectors Edition out now!
- Amiga Story | Nostalgia Nerd.
- DOWNRIGHT BIZARRE GAMES.
- Keeping the Ball Alive: 30 Years of Stern Pinball.
- Coffee Crisis.Sega Megadrive/Genesis.
- TANGLEWOOD: An original game for the SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive.
- Rayman By Rémi - The Collector Soundtrack Album.
- The Amiga Years Special Edition now available
- AmiGameJam 2016 Starts.
- Big Blue releases on Vectrex.
- New Kickstarter: The Masters of Pixel Art - VOLUME 2
- N64 Anthology Book. (Pre Order)
- 8-Bit Book. (Coming Soon)
- Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe print by Dan Malone.
- AM2R - Return of Samus (Metroid 2 remake)
- Mystery Of Woolley Mountain - A New Point & Click Adventure
- The mini NES from Nintendo.
- Agony remake – free playable demo on Game Jolt.
- Mega Visions – Welcome to a new kind of SEGA magazine.
- Sega Saturn unravelled after 20 Years.
- New Kickstarter: Hyper Sentinel
- FROM BEDROOMS TO BILLIONS: THE PLAYSTATION REVOLUTION
- Unofficial CD32 Release - Star Wars Trilogy CD32
- GAMEBOB HANDHELD 8-BIT ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM.
- New Kickstarter: The Atari ST and the Creative People.
- ANARCHO Ride Comp in association with RVG.
- Commodore VIC 20: A Visual History.
- The story of the Commodore Amiga in pixels.
- Nintendo Entertainment System/Famicom: a visual compendium
- New Kickstarter: Turrican II Live Orchestra Album.
- New Kickstarter: The Mastertronic Archives.
- New Kickstarter: Xenocider on the Dreamcast.
- Kickstarter: Atari ST - RISE OF THE DEMOSCENE
- Allister Brimble : A Retrospective by Paul Bridger.
- Kickstarter: Nintendo 64 Anthology - The Ultimate Book
- A New Speccy Is Coming
- Kickstarter: The Fantasy Art of Oliver Frey
- 8-BIT KIDS - Growing up with the C64 Book.
- Unofficial CD32 Release - Team 17 : The Complete Amiga Works
- The 64 - A new way to play C64.
- The SEGA Mega Drive Classics Hub
- The STARFORCE NEO System
- The Sinclair ZX Spectrum Vega Plus Console
- Amigaville Magazine Issue 4