The Amiga Years Special Edition now available
Amiga nostalgia addicts: it’s time to rejoice, crack open some beers and munchies and settle down in a very comfy chair, because they Special Edition of The Amiga Years is now available.Add a comment
AmiGameJam 2016 Starts.
If you fancy putting your Amiga programming skills and creativity to the test, then you might want to rustle up something for this year’s AmiGameJam.
Previously known as The Annual Festival Amiga Game Making Competition, it’s a popular annual game jam contest that provides “creative developers a chance to sharpen and prove their skills and giving the community some top-notch games to enjoy”.Add a comment
Big Blue releases on Vectrex.
Take control of a treasure hunting diver in this exciting game of deep sea exploration. Select your dive location, explore to discover many species of fish, and maybe even find the key to a treasure chest for big rewards.Add a comment
New Kickstarter: The Masters of Pixel Art - VOLUME 2
Here we have news of the latest retro book to hit Kickstarter, this time its The Masters of Pixel Art - VOLUME 2. I think you will agree this looks stunning, here is a brief description as taken from the campaign page.
ANTHOLOGY 64 COLLECTOR EDITION
After a very successful Kickstarter campaign this book is now available for pre order. Please watch out for RVG's up coming review.
The book is numbered and housed in its own, handmade slipcase. In addition to the handmade slipcase, exclusive cover, and limited, numbered print-run, the Nintendo 64 Anthology Collector’s Edition includes 24 additional pages.Add a comment
The world of Retro Gaming Books is a crowded place these days, I for one love reading these books and here we have news of an up coming book covering gaming art from the 8-bit era, this is from www.earbooks.net the same people behind the recently reviewed Push Start: The Art of Video Games. (Click to read)Add a comment
Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe print by Dan Malone.
Read-Only Memory has released a high quality print of one of my all time favourite games, featuring a new illustration by original Bitmap Brothers artist and co-designer of Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe, Dan Malone. Screen printed in black onto a luxurious grey heavyweight stock, the edition also features the distinctive Bitmap Brothers logo, micro-etched into holographic foil. Each print is signed by the artist and shipped in a durable archival tube.Add a comment
Metroid II: The Return Of Samus was released in 1991 for the Game Boy. Project AM2R, some six years in the making, takes that Game Boy game and makes it look, sound and play so much prettier. The fan project got its first full release on Saturday, to coincide with the series’ 30th. However, it wasn't long before the big N stepped in with DMCA injunction to have the website removed and the game was taken down as twittered by the game's developer here.Add a comment
The Mystery Of Woolley Mountain is a new otherworldly point and click adventure for PC (Windows - DRM-free) and MAC (OSX DRM free), featuring five renegade audio scientists in their quest to rid Woolley Mountain of an evil witch.
If you loved The Secret Of Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, DiscWorld, Space Quest, Trap Door, Phantom Tollbooth and Chorlton and the Wheelies then continue reading my friend....
The game is based on a series of characters collectively known as the Helmholtz Resonators that exist in many forms of media already, with this being their first foray into the gaming world.Add a comment
Amigans and fans of horizontal-scrolling shumps will be interested to know that a freelance comic artist has taken it upon himself to produce an unofficial remake of Amiga classic Agony. It’s still in the early stages of development, but you can take a look at it now with a free playable alpha-demo hosted up on Game Jolt.Add a comment
Homebrew Article Count: 2
- The Commodore Story.
- New version of WinUAE out
- New Sega MegaDrive/Genesis Homebrew - Miniplanets
- ENEMY 2 Collectors Edition out now!
- Amiga Story | Nostalgia Nerd.
- DOWNRIGHT BIZARRE GAMES.
- Keeping the Ball Alive: 30 Years of Stern Pinball.
- Coffee Crisis.Sega Megadrive/Genesis.
- TANGLEWOOD: An original game for the SEGA Genesis/Mega Drive.
- Rayman By Rémi - The Collector Soundtrack Album.
- The Amiga Years Special Edition now available
- AmiGameJam 2016 Starts.
- Big Blue releases on Vectrex.
- New Kickstarter: The Masters of Pixel Art - VOLUME 2
- N64 Anthology Book. (Pre Order)
- 8-Bit Book. (Coming Soon)
- Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe print by Dan Malone.
- AM2R - Return of Samus (Metroid 2 remake)
- Mystery Of Woolley Mountain - A New Point & Click Adventure
- The mini NES from Nintendo.
- Agony remake – free playable demo on Game Jolt.
- Mega Visions – Welcome to a new kind of SEGA magazine.
- Sega Saturn unravelled after 20 Years.
- New Kickstarter: Hyper Sentinel
- FROM BEDROOMS TO BILLIONS: THE PLAYSTATION REVOLUTION
- Unofficial CD32 Release - Star Wars Trilogy CD32
- GAMEBOB HANDHELD 8-BIT ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM.
- New Kickstarter: The Atari ST and the Creative People.
- ANARCHO Ride Comp in association with RVG.
- Commodore VIC 20: A Visual History.
- The story of the Commodore Amiga in pixels.
- Nintendo Entertainment System/Famicom: a visual compendium
- New Kickstarter: Turrican II Live Orchestra Album.
- New Kickstarter: The Mastertronic Archives.
- New Kickstarter: Xenocider on the Dreamcast.
- Kickstarter: Atari ST - RISE OF THE DEMOSCENE
- Allister Brimble : A Retrospective by Paul Bridger.
- Kickstarter: Nintendo 64 Anthology - The Ultimate Book
- A New Speccy Is Coming
- Kickstarter: The Fantasy Art of Oliver Frey
- 8-BIT KIDS - Growing up with the C64 Book.
- Unofficial CD32 Release - Team 17 : The Complete Amiga Works
- The 64 - A new way to play C64.
- The SEGA Mega Drive Classics Hub
- The STARFORCE NEO System
- The Sinclair ZX Spectrum Vega Plus Console
- Amigaville Magazine Issue 4